Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weird Cover of the Week #5

Day late..
Oops ..damn you, Arcane..

This is the only original issue I've never owned, and weird for that reason buuuut...

It's that bat on the cover - why is it there? I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's odd - Tales from the Crypt-ish, and only on this one issue.

Weirdness aside, the story is just excellent, with Swampy over to Europe for his first encounter with Anton Arcane.
It really is an early '70's comic book combo of Mary Shelley meets Gaines' EC genius.
And like the work of Moore, Bissette, and Tottleben, the quality of the artwork versus the strength of the writing is always Even Steven.

These issues are just a blast to read, though I must confess to not having read the original 10 in quite some time. To be honest, I've been waiting to read the whole series through, as an "adult" - new perspective and all..
So this year is the year to get Swamp Thing #2, and ohhh, I will get it.

And for more on Anton, just go below..
↓ ↓ ↓ 


No comments:

Post a Comment