Friday, May 4, 2012

Weeerd cover o the week - 18

Guess I'm a bit of a sucker for Tom Yeates - I think he gets the short end of the stick when it comes to highly respected Swampy artists, but this is the guy who got me hooked.

His art on Saga of the Swamp Thing #1 was exactly what that story needed - sure, Swampy might be less ..I dunno, gothic perhaps is the word, but this was to be a new start, and a far more modern setting for the character.

This specific issue is way past the most noteworthy work on the title's run, BUT I love that Mr.Yeates stayed connected for so long after his time on the books starting days.

Apparently, Steve Bissette and John Tottleben were "helping" him meet his deadlines before they took over the art chores themselves in issue #16 ...that's just plain AWESOME. I can't wait to review those issues with an eye towards spotting that secret duo's work.

One day I'll own Berni Wrightson, Tom Yeates, Steve Bissette and John Tottleben original ST artwork - maybe Yannick Paquette too, but on that note - I better go earn some $$$$...

Cheers, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment