Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Swamp Thing meets Firestorm ...almost

A great issue - number 24 from the legendary '80s Alan Moore run - discussed by the Irredeemable Shag over at FIRESTORM FAN...

Check it out: FIRESTORM GOES GREEN

..and just look at that cool cover ..more amazing work by Tom Yeates. I specifically remember getting this issue, and promptly reading it ...probably twice..
It marks the turning point for Alan Moore's new evolution of the character - better than a movie, this issue.

But I will remind everyone that DC is offering the original Swamp Thing #1 for FREEEEEEE...
Trust me - you won't regret starting with that 40 year old piece of brilliance.
This way, by the time you get to the Alan Moore stuff you'll have the proper understanding of the impact contained within the Anatomy Lesson a few issues back.
It's a great ride - trust me...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! Sorry my addled brain didn't think to give you a shout-out in my original post. My only defense is the exhaustion I'm currently up against.

    Regardless, I just updated my post from Monday to include a link to your super-fun Swamp Thing blog!

    Thanks again!
    The Irredeemable Shag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, all good, m'man..
    ..I'm just stoked you're joining Team Swampy - so many good stories ahead of you ...oh, I do so envy those first readings..

    Thanks to you too, Shag - have an awesome day ...and get some rest, Sir.
    Artimus

    ReplyDelete