Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weird Cover of the Week #7

Late again..
..tsk tsk..

Here's a nice John Tottleben cover from later in the second series - feels like Lovecraft meets Giger meets Cronenberg a la DC comics - Beautiful work.



The Bissette/Tottleben team excelled at emotional faces, and Swamp Thing's is a weird one for sure, but they imbued so much humanity in a character who'd recently lost his - I think their attention to detail was a huge part of the success of the book in the 80's - Like a good film, you can "read" just the pictures and still "get it".








This being said, I'd lost my connection to the book by #98, but I suspect I'll ultimately pick up everything from both the 1st and 2nd series - then weed through for the worthwhile stuff, like this cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment